By registering to become a member (a “Member”) of the Republic rewards program (“Republic Rewards” or the “Program”) and by participating in the Program, you are (i) agreeing to the following terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions”), and (ii) indicating that you are 18 years old or older. This Program is from Republic Services Procurement, Inc. and its affiliates, vendors and partners (collectively, “Republic”). Republic uses a service provider, Augeo Direct, LLC to help provide the services in its Republic Rewards program.
- Program Overview
The Program is a recycling engagement program that provides users with savings, benefits, services and opportunities to access rewards (“Benefits”), learn about recycling, interact, and participate in community reward initiatives. Prior to being able to access Benefits, it will be necessary to register for the Program as specified below, agree to these terms and conditions and create a password for access to your account.
Members must be U.S. Residents and at least 18 years of age to participate.
- Registering for the Program
- In order to access the Program’s Benefits and features, you must create an account and register on www.republicgivesback.com (“Program Site”).
- When you create an account or register, you must provide accurate and complete personal information (including but not limited to name, email and password).
- You are responsible for maintaining accurate and updated personal information in your account by updating your online profile or contacting Customer Service.
- Republic does not permit the sharing of your account number, password or offers with any other person and your account is nontransferable. If we reasonably believe that any of your account related information is being used in any of these ways, Republic reserves the right to cancel your account immediately. If you believe someone has accessed your account without your authorization, please contact Customer Service immediately (contact information for Customer Service is in Section 8, below).
- Earning Points in the Program
Once you register to be a Member, you will be able to earn points to use towards the Member Benefits. Members must go to the Program Site to learn about the various ways in which Member points can be earned. Republic may also provide email notices to Members from time to time that advise of additional ways to earn Member points. Member points are not transferable.
- Republic Rewards Member Benefits
- Accessing Member Benefits Online
Your account provides you access to Member Benefits through the Program Site. The Program Site offers the most up-to-date information on Member Benefits offered by participating merchants. You can search for and access Member Benefits online by visiting the Program Site and signing into your account using your username and password.
- Use of Program Benefit at a participating merchant’s location or online
- You must present your printed Benefit before you make a purchase at a participating merchant. A merchant has the right to deny an offer if you do not present your Benefit before payment.
- When you wish to purchase goods or services online at the Program Site or at a participating merchant’s website, you may be required to enter a Benefit code in order to receive the discount.
- Accessing Member Benefits Online
- Email Policy and Communication Preferences
- Members have the option to receive promotional communications regarding the Program via email, mail, telephone and/or fax when they register online. These promotional communications may be used to provide additional savings, special offers, site upgrades, new features, new ways to earn Member points, events, promotions and more. You have the option to email us to opt out from receiving promotional emails using the link at the bottom of any promotional email you may receive. Members can also update these preferences by logging into their account on the website provided.
- Republic reserves the right to email you with information essential to your participation in the Program (for example, information on lost passwords, shipment information and expiration/renewal). You will not have the option to opt-out of emails of this nature.
- Contacting Customer Service:
Email us at email@example.com . An agent will answer your email within the next business day.
Call us at (877) 323-7688, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. central standard time.
By Mail: Customer Service
1316 East Empire
Bloomington, IL 61701
Attention: Republic Rewards Membership Services
- Member Benefits Terms
- Changes to Member Benefits or Merchants
- Republic reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the Member Benefits and/or participating merchants at any time. In addition, merchants may elect to change their offers from time to time.
- Republic will make reasonable efforts to make appropriate updates to the Program Site to reflect Member Benefit and/or merchant changes. If you become aware of a Member Benefit listed that is no longer valid or no longer being honored by a participating merchant, please contact Customer Service (contact information for Customer Service is in Section 8, above).
- Republic has no obligation to provide a replacement or substitute benefit for any discontinued Member Benefit.
- Availability of Member Benefits or Merchants
- Some Member Benefits or merchants may not be available in your community.
- Merchants may not discount all products offered for sale and stated discounts may vary at the point of purchase.
- You should contact the participating merchant in advance to confirm its offers. Participating merchants’ contact information is listed on the Program Site with the merchant benefit information. This information is based on information provided by the merchant. Republic is not responsible for any inaccuracies.
- Merchant Relationships
- Merchants participating in the Program are independent contractors.
- Republic is not necessarily associated with the participating merchants or any other company or organization (private, public, or governmental) that may be listed throughout the Program Site.
- Republic makes no claim of any form of relationship or ownership to any of the logos or trademarks of any merchants listed throughout the Program Site.
- Republic may be receiving commissions and/or fees from sale of advertising and financial/insurance and/or other products and services from this program.
- Merchant Disclaimer
- Republic is not responsible for the Member Benefits offered by any merchant.
- Republic is not responsible for the conduct of the merchant or changes by the merchant of its offer for any reason or the merchant’s refusal to honor a Benefit when presented.
- Republic makes no warranty, express or implied, about any goods and services purchased from a merchant. Each Member will look solely to the merchant for any and all discounts, returns, performance and nonperformance, warranty service and/or any damages suffered by a Member or any third party arising out of the sale or use of goods or services provided by any merchant. If you have a dispute with a participating merchant, please report this to the Program through the contact information for Customer Service noted in Section 8, above, so Republic is aware of the problem. However, you must resolve the dispute directly with the participating merchant. REPUBLIC IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH ANY MERCHANT WHO PARTICIPATES IN THIS PROGRAM OR FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION OR INACCURACY IN ADVERTISING MATERIAL OR FOR ANY LIABILITY RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM A PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED BY ANY MERCHANT OR OTHER THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROGRAM.
- Changes to Member Benefits or Merchants
- General Terms of the Program and Use of the Program Site
- Modification or Cancelation of Program.
- Membership in the Republic Rewards program and the Member Benefits are offered at the discretion of Republic, which reserves the right to terminate, change, limit, modify, suspend or cancel any Program rules, regulations, Benefits, or conditions of participation at anytime with or without notice.
- ou acknowledge that these Terms and Conditions may be modified at any time, with or without notice. Any changes will appear on this page. It is your responsibility to refer to these Terms and Conditions prior to using the Program. You will be deemed to have accepted any change to these Terms and Conditions if you register, use or continue to use this Program after that change has been posted here.
Cancellation of Member Account. Your account may be subject to cancellation at Republic’s discretion following any breach of these Terms and Conditions. You will no longer be entitled to any Member Benefits following the cancellation of your account. Member Benefits not redeemed by the date that an account is cancelled shall be forfeited.
Links to Third-Party Sites. The Program Site may contain links to sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge that Republic is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any third-party sites. You should contact the site administrator or Webmaster for those sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on such sites.
Maintenance. During times of maintenance or other unforeseen occurrences, the Program Site and/or merchants who participate in the Program may be temporarily unavailable. Down times may vary and may be the result of various circumstances, many of which may not be the sole responsibility of Republic. Nevertheless, during such circumstances, Republic will actively work on resolving the problem, but cannot be held responsible for any inconveniences or loss of Member Benefits.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability. Although Republic uses reasonable efforts to maintain the Program Site, it is provided to you free of charge, "as is, as available." Please read this disclaimer carefully before using the Program Site.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAM SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BECAUSE OF THE NUMBER OF POSSIBLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PROGRAM SITE, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS AND UNCERTAINTIES OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INACCURACIES OR OTHER PROBLEMS WITH SUCH INFORMATION. IF YOU RELY ON THE PROGRAM SITE OR ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PROGRAM SITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. USERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING AND MAINTAINING ADEQUATE PROCEDURES AND SAFEGUARDS TO ENSURE DATA IS ACCURATE AND TO MAKE BACKUP COPIES OF ALL INFORMATION SUPPLIED TO REPUBLIC SERVICE
THE MATERIALS ON THE PROGRAM SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SPECIFICALLY, REPUBLIC AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE PROGRAM SITE. NOR DO THEY GUARANTEE THAT THE PROGRAM WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE OR THAT THE PROGRAM SITE, INCLUDING THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE, WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. REPUBLIC DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON THE PROGRAM SITE OR THIRD-PARTY SITES OR YOUR RELIANCE THEREUPON IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. YOU, AND NOT REPUBLIC, ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR CORRECTION TO THE EQUIPMENT YOU USE TO ACCESS THE PROGRAM SITE AND PROGRAM
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL REPUBLIC OR ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE, OR WHETHER RESULTING FROM TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHER THEORIES OF LAW), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS' FEES AND LOST PROFITS, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF: (1) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM SITE OR ITS CONTENT; (2) ANY GOODS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIRD PARTIES REFERENCED OR MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE PROGRAM SITE; (3) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT OR INFORMATION ON THE PROGRAM SITE; OR (4) ANY COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER PROGRAMMING DEVICE, EVEN IF REPUBLIC SERVICES IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
IF YOU BECOME DISSATISFIED WITH THE PROGRAM SITE, OR THE TERMS, CONDITIONS OR POLICIES GOVERNING IT OR THE PROGRAM, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE PROGRAM. THIS LIMITATION ON DAMAGES IS ESSENTIAL TO THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND REPUBLIC AND THE PROGRAM SITE WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATION.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF REPUBLIC, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Modification or Cancelation of Program.
- Member Representations, Warranties And Covenants. You represent, warrant and covenant to Republic that:
- You will comply at all times with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws, rules and regulations in your use of the Program and Program Site;
- You will not use the Program or Program Site for any purpose which is improper, unlawful, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene or threatening, or which violates this Agreement;
- You will not, nor will you permit any other person, corporation or entity, without the prior written consent of Republic to: (i) copy, duplicate or grant permission to duplicate the Program or Program Site; (ii) create, attempt to create, or grant permission to the source program and/or object program or code associated with any software component of the Program Site; (iii) decompile or disassemble any software or other component of the Program Site or any report or document generated therefrom; (iv) engage in any reverse engineering; (v) modify, alter or delete any of the copyright notices embedded in or affixed to the copies of any components of the Program Site; (vi) export any application provided hereunder or any portion of the Program Site; (vii) assign, sublicense, rent, timeshare, loan, lease or otherwise transfer the Program or Program Site; or (viii) use Republic’s name (or any affiliated company's name) including its URL, the Program Site URL, trademarks, trade names or other materials in connection with, or to transmit, any "spam." For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, "spam" has the meaning generally understood among Internet users;
- Any transmission of data from your computer equipment or system will be free from: (i) intentionally injurious instructions (e.g. "viruses") that are designed to modify, damage, delete or disable the Program Site; (ii) any hidden passwords that permit unauthorized access to the Program Site data, or (iii) any embedded code that could trigger, shut down or disable the Program Site; and
Copyright. The design of the Program Site and the Program terms include information, software, text, photographs, graphics, links and other material (collectively, "Content") that are protected by U.S. copyright laws and other U.S. and international laws and treaties. All Content is provided through the Program Site under a limited license as a service to current and prospective Members and may be used only for personal use. This limited license is subject to the following restrictions: (a) you may not copy, reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, post, modify, create derivative works from, sell, license or otherwise exploit the Program Site or the terms of the Program, any of the Contents, or any related software; (b) you may not access or use the Program or Program Site for any competitive or commercial purpose; and (c) you will not permit any copying of our Content. Any unauthorized copying, alteration, distribution, transmission, performance, display, or other use of the Content is strictly prohibited. Republic may revoke this limited license at any time for any or no reason. Any unauthorized use of Content, such as framing, inline linking or other association with content or information not originating from the Program Site is not permitted. Republic will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of civil remedies and criminal prosecution.
Trademark. Republic will not tolerate any unauthorized use of its trademarks, trade names, logos, names, and trade dress (collectively, "Trademarks and Trade Dress"). Republic retains all rights regarding the Trademarks and Trade Dress. The Trademarks and Trade Dress are protected by U.S. trademark laws and international laws and treaties. No license for the use of the Trademarks and Trade Dress is granted to you under the Program or as a Program Member or by your use of the Program Site. Unauthorized use of our Trademarks and Trade Dress in any manner is strictly prohibited. Republic has a no tolerance policy regarding use of our Trademarks and Trade Dress in metatags and/or hidden text. Specifically, the use of our Trademarks and Trade Dress in metatag keywords or in search engine tags or links is trademark infringement, and the use of our Trademarks and Trade Dress in page text, metatags and/or hidden text for purposes of gaining higher rankings from search engines is unfair competition. Republic will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of civil remedies and criminal prosecution.
Dispute Resolution. These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona, without regard to its conflicts of law principles or rules. The parties agree that any disputes arising out of or related in any way to these Terms and Conditions, including the breach thereof, shall be filed in the state or federal courts in Maricopa County, Arizona. The parties agree that the laws of the State of Arizona shall govern any such dispute and they consent and agree to the jurisdiction of the Arizona courts. Neither party will argue or contend that it is not subject to the jurisdiction of the Arizona courts or that venue in Maricopa County, Arizona is improper. The parties agree to waive any right to a trial by jury in any such dispute and that the matter will be tried solely to the court. The parties understand that they are giving up valuable legal rights under this provision, including the right to trial by jury, and that they voluntarily and knowingly waive those rights.
Severability. The provisions of these Terms and Conditions will be deemed severable and the invalidity or unenforceability of any provision will not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions hereof. Any provision determined to be invalid or unenforceable will be modified, to the extent possible, to be valid and enforceable so as to retain the intent of the parties.